In 1997, following on from the increasing number of applications, "Vittadini" moved from the premises in the Municipal building next to the historical Palazzo Mezzabarba to its current home, the Convent of San Francesco of Paola, built between 1712 and 1738 on the instructions of the Fathers of the Order of the Minims of San Francesco of Paola, based on the design of Giovanni Antonio Veneroni, that was greatly altered between 1800 and 1900.
The classrooms are spread over three floors and in three wings of the building: nine on the first floor, fifteen on the second floor. Three classrooms, including the organ room, are located on the ground floor plus the recently established Auditorium.
There is a piano in each classroom.
The collection of historical musical instruments is especially valuable. Whilst waiting to be put to good use, it is on display in the classroom next to the management office on the first floor.
This level also houses the administrative offices and the library, which contains the manuscripts donated by Franco Vittadini, a large number of scores bequeathed by Guido Farina and various anthologies from private collections. The material is currently being catalogued. Some of the cataloguing (books for teaching, essays, lyric opera scores and manuscripts) has already been completed and entered into the OPAC of the University of Pavia that can be consulted online (http://opac.unipv.it).